Thursday, July 07, 2005

Animal names

I'm horrible at naming my pets this is fact lol. But I needed to decide on a name for the new anole, and the new rat i picked up last nite. Instead of letting weeks go by and have them be nameless I looked some stuff up and wahla! they have names

The older Anole was already named Ivan which is slavic and means god is good (I didn't pick that one Matt did). But going with the slavic thing I looked up on babynames.com Slavic female names and came across Nadia which means hopeful. I like it cuz I'm hopeful that she will live heh. So the anoles are Ivan and Nadia..cute couple I think.

And the new rat, Matt's rat is named Shiva, he thought it meant the female god of war. Which in a way it can but thats a long story that I read all about so now I know more about hinduism then I ever cared to. Anyhow, going with the hindu theme.

Shiva is: One of the principal Hindu deities, worshiped as the destroyer and restorer of worlds and in numerous other forms.

I read about Shiva and I chose Sati because long story short...
Sati is: one of the daughters of Prasuti and Daksha. She loved Shiva, but her father Daksha forbade her marriage to Shiva. She married Shiva anyway, and Daksha got revenge by not inviting Shiva to a festival during his absence. Sati killed herself by self-immolation on a fire. After Shiva returned and found Sati's body, he/she killed and decapitated Daksha, later replacing his head with a goat's.

Gotta love marriages that aren't appproved and the fact they married anyways. And the whole kinda romeo and juliet thing with the fact that Shiva got so pissed he/she killed the dad (and alot of other people and made a new god/beast type thing etc. yada yada) and replaced the dads head with a goats.

Sati came back as another form and again was a consort of Shivas so it all worked out in the end. They lived happily ever after in their forbidden relationship and daddy ended up with a goat for a head. HAHA...

The animals all have names now, the world is free to carry on as usual. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home